Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Healthy-ish snack recipes!


Hi all,
   for this blog I decided to try out some healthy-ish, but very simple and yummy snack recipes. I'm really not that great of a cook so if I can do these with good results I'm sure you can too:
The first recipe is really easy yet surprisingly delicious! It is Avocado Crispbread with Lemon

The ingredients are:
- 2 crispbread pieces (I used ryvita, but any will work) 
- 1/2 an avocado
- lemon juice
- black pepper and salt






1. Mash up the avocado with a fork.
2. Spread the mashed avocado evenly over the crispbread with a knife
3. Squeeze on the lemon juice and season to taste.

The second recipe takes slightly longer, but is so worth it. This is also a great recipe to share with friends and family (or just eat all by yourself!). It is Tortilla Chips and Homemade Salsa

The ingredients are:
-Plain tortilla chips
-300g of tomatoes
-1 small onion
- 2 or 3 mild chillies
- 1/2 a bunch of coriander
- 1 tablespoon water
-salt and lime juice to taste

 1. Chop up the tomatoes, onion, chillies and coriander finely.
 2. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and serve immediately

The final recipe is so delicious, but easy as well- you just spoon it all on top of each other! You can do loads of different variations of this- replace the fruit with your favourite, add agave syrup instead of honey, whatever you want. However here is my favourite Granola, Fruit and Yogurt Pot

Ingredients:
-Natural, plain yogurt
-A granola of your choice (be careful though if you want this to be a healthy snack as a lot of commercial granolas have loads of sugar in so check the ingredients!)
-a small handful of blueberries
-1/4 of a mango chopped into small pieces
-honey

Method:
1. Put a tablespoon of yogurt in the bottom of a glass.
2. Add a 1/3 of the blueberries and the mango
3. Add a tablespoon of granola
4. repeat the process until your glass is almost full and then smooth over the top with a final layer of yogurt
5. Drizzle on some honey and enjoy!

 
I think all three recipes are delicious and hope you enjoy trying them out! Have a nice week,

Evie xx 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment